Monday 8 April 2013

The Story of Khalish

o
Assalamualaikum bloggers...my adventure with Khalish begins in 2012 when I was in Jeddah, Saudia Arabia. Encik Hubby & me was working in Saudi as a Flight Attendant since 2006. We met there, got married and after 4 years of marriage we got a pleasant surprise! I was sick with flu and just came back from  Jakarta flight. We decided to go to the clinic and the doctor wanted to give me a jab only then I remembered that I was abt 2 months late. The doctor did the pregnancy test and what a surprise I was pregnant. We were in tears when the doctor told us because we have almost given up hope of having a child of our own.So we told everyone at home in Malaysia the good news and decided almost immediately that I need to go back home and not flying anymore. 
And so, back to Malaysia I go but I went back alone, hubby needs to work. After 26 weeks of smooth pregnancy, I experience pain kind of like when you were having period pain. I went to see a gynecologist at a private clinic about it but she said that it is a false contractions. So I bear the pain for 2 days till around midnight I can't take it anymore...I asked my hubby to send me straight to Sg Buloh Hospital. (Lucky hubby was around at that time!). The doctor said it cannot wait anymore the baby is ready to come out. I had a very fast delivery. Khalish was born at 5:34 am on 23rd February 2012 at 26 weeks with a very low birth weight of 615gms . I did not even get to see him, he was taken immediately by the Paediatric team. I was told that with his extremely premature condition his chances are 50-50. My hubby and me were devastated. I didn't realised he was so small till I saw him. My heart goes out to him. Other than low body weight, he was diagnosed with a Chronic Lung Disease, Hydrochephalus and Hernia. He was in NICU Hospital Sg Buloh for 4 months plus. 
Alhamdulillah, for now he has so many doctor's appointment and theraphy. But we are taking it one step at a time. I will try to update this blog as often as I can. My main purpose of writing this blog is to share my experience and knowledge of my baby, what he went through is just amazing. I welcome feedback from you readers so that we can discuss and share our experience. Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment